Monday, April 1, 2019

Triniti's Life Update

     Hello All! Wow... we haven't posted in a long time. So beginning this month, we'll be striving to post regularly and keep up our schedule. We're going to refresh everything with some brief overviews of our current lives, and move from there.


     As some of you may know, I moved to Michigan in September, and it has been an interesting experience. It's been snowing, and that is just beginning to slow down for spring. It's strange to go outside in capris when it's 58 degrees, but that feels so warm after the 7 degrees it's been for the past few months! 

     I've joined our new church choir, and am currently on the worship team for a Biblical counseling conference. During worship, I've been using a lot of sign language during songs that I know, especially when I'm in the congregation. This has been a great way to focus my worship, on top of having blessed multiple people who have stopped me after service. 

     I've toured Hillsdale College a few times and spent the night in February. I honestly could live there and never get bored or tired of being on that campus. On March 30th, I participated in a percussion event with a group of students, singing soprano in the finale of the performance. From February 4th to the day of, I was bursting with excitement!!! 

      On that note, I've applied to four colleges and have been accepted to three! I'm on Hillsdale's waitlist, so I'm still hoping to be accepted there. Cornerstone University, the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, and Cedarville University are all open to my attendance, and Cedarville is definitely a high possibility. I want to go into law, and they're a great place for that. How it all goes is definitely up to God, and I need to remember to focus all these worries on him. 

      I've been to California twice, once for Christmas and once for my nephew's seven-year-old birthday (and to use our Disneyland passes...). I'll be coming out again, as I have permission from my old homeschool group to graduate with my class! When I moved, I thought the answer would be no. However, both I and another girl who moved recently get to graduate with KHSG, and it's truly amazing. 

     I'm near the end of a book I started a long time ago, that book being War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. I've learned so much from it on a variety of topics, including Russian and French history, social tiers in classical Russia, what the international trade language was before it was English (French!), the origins of calculus, and the inner workings of Freemasonry. There's a lot to be gained by reading this piece of literature, and I highly recommend it for anyone who truly loves to learn. (There's also an Audrey Hepburn movie. It's over 3hrs long {the Barnes and Noble Classics copy of the book is 1110pgs...}, and as soon as I'm done with the book, I plan to watch it. She plays my favourite character, Natasha Rostov)

     Oh! I also turned 18 in February! I am finally a legal adult! I can vote in the next election, and that freedom is so important, especially in this day and age. 

     I hope to get my license today... I drove a ton during March, with Mom, Aunt Leslie, and Uncle Robert. I'm no longer totally scared behind the wheel, and I really feel that I'm doing quite well! As in, we haven't died and I can actually turn on the blinker now. Lol kidding (kinda). My siblings and Mom both say I'm considerably better than when I started. 

    Thank you so much for reading! We do sincerely wish to keep our posting up, and we'll strive our hardest to keep relevant and interesting posts coming. This started because at the age of twelve, we wanted to provide an accurate news source. I wonder where it'll go next. 

Sincerely,
Triniti

Edit: I finished War and Peace! It was such an excellent piece of literature. A professor at Hillsdale College told me to pay special attention to the Second Epilogue (or even just skip to it and not read the rest), and I'm so glad that I did focus on it when I got there. It was a fascinating look at history, philosophy, and Providence. If you never read the whole book, please read the Second Epilogue. It's entirely worth it. 

One more thing... I've been accepted to and am attending Cedarville University in the fall for Political Science, hoping to eventually go into law. I'm super excited and can't wait to continue blogging through this adventure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment