Wednesday, August 30, 2017

My East Coast Trip: Boston, MA ~ By Jessica

Hi everyone! It's almost been four months since I have posted! This summer has been crazy busy and I am now getting ready to start my junior year in high school next week! Time flies! So for the first part of my summer I went to the east coast to visit family and explore. It was a nine day trip and was jam packed with sightseeing, tours, and shopping. We started our trip in Boston, MA where we took a red eye flight and landed tired and very, very, hungry. Since we weren't able to get into our hotel room yet we dropped off our luggage and explored the area in search of a yummy breakfast place. We found the cutest place! It was called "Flour Bakery and Cafe." They had amazing breakfast food including their pecan sticky buns and french toast (healthy right?!). 




For the remainder of our time in Boston (2 days) we walked the freedom trail, and ate at the best italian restaurant I have ever been to called, "Ristorante Limoncello." They started the meal with homemade ciabatta bread! There were a variety of pasta and seafood dishes to choose from, all of which I would want to try. 



The food was authentic and the service was great, I highly recommend that this restaurant be on your bucket list!

For most of our time in Boston we walked the freedom trail, which is a path that leads you all around the city to important government buildings and many historical areas and monuments. It was great being able to see the historical side of Boston. Their cobblestone streets and old taverns/buildings made you feel like you were living during the Revolution. The freedom trail has many scenic picture spots and it was fun to use my camera while I was there.





We were able to try Boston Creme Pie at the Omni Parker Hotel. (Where Charles Dickens wrote the Christmas Carol!)


This is the beginning of the Freedom Trail. The whole trail is lined with this red and blue brick line that you follow the whole time.









We went during memorial day weekend so they had multiple monuments for the American soldiers. 





We went and saw all of the grave-yards where some of the founding fathers were buried. 







We were walking in the park during a rain storm so the water drops made the plants look really pretty!


The picture shown above is a bridge over water. If you look down into the water there are lots of little white jelly-fish floating near the surface.







Mike's Pastry had great cannoli's. There was a line out the door and there were so many cannoli flavors to choose from that it was hard to decide!




The architecture there is amazing! Everything done there is made well especially in the abundance of churches there. 


I hope you enjoyed my post about Boston! Next time I'll be talking about part 2 of my trip in...New York City! 

~ Jessica 

No comments:

Post a Comment