Monday, August 14, 2017

School Has Started! - by Anna

     Welcome to TAJ, everyone! Today is our first day of school. ("Our" meaning, my family.) If you read my blog, you'll know that I am very excited for school to start, so I won't waste any time being excited on this platform. I don't want y'all to think I'm weird, okay?

     Even though I am weird, and it's probably not that hard to figure out. So there goes that attempt before it's even started. Oh! Today is also when I turn fifteen years and ten months, which means only two more months until I'm sixteen!! Which really isn't that big a deal, but still... Let a girl have something to look forward to.


     Continuing from that ramble... Today I'm just going to be talking a bit about the upcoming school year, what I'm excited for and what I'm perhaps not all that excited for, and then show some pictures of where I do my school (or at least where I store my school stuff). Hopefully that will be semi-interesting.

     Let's start out with some pictures... Welcome to our school room!


The door is to the left, and the table is 
behind and to the right.



The desk on the left is mine... I generally
don't leave the doors closed above (like
in this picture), but I just took the picture
this way, so live with it. :)



This is the desk with everything open.
There is one shelf that you can't see in
this picture, but that doesn't matter, since
I only have the bottom shelf to house my
stuff. The rest of it is Mom's space.


The two doors have various things taped to them,
mostly just quotes or memory type stuff. This
is the right door, and the one below is the left.


 


Now we can enter the recesses of the desk.
This is to the left. I keep my writing utensils 
and other reminders here. The
postcards are all this old-looking type
from National Parks we've been to. All
the other things are just reminders.


Also, in case you didn't notice, I have the
cutest mug with the queen of England, a corgi,
and some of those British soldiers (I can't
remember their name - forgive me, British
people). I found it at a thrift store, and it 
is the most adorable thing ever.


And my mom, being the amazing mom
that she is, got me these red telephone
booth bookends to go with the mug!
So I have a little British theme going
in my desk. :)


Those bookends hold up these binders
and notebooks. This is all fun stuff, except
for the green binder without a label. That's
supposed to be for school, but I didn't really
use it a whole bunch last year, so I threw
it down here. I have my planner, several
notebooks that are mostly empty, and my 
blog planning notebook here, too. (Yes, I have
a blog planning notebook - I'm really on top
of it, I know.)


The shelf houses my PSAT studying things,
a basket with a whole bunch of random
things in it (it's better than just leaving them
laying around, okay!?), and most of my school 
books. 


Speaking of school books, here they are (in a slightly
crooked shot)! More below... These are the main ones
on this shelf.






     Well! That brings my picture tour to an end.

     I am so excited for Marine Biology and the Bible program Mom has me doing. I'm super interested in marine biology, and the Bible program looks well put together and also interesting. I'm also super pumped for German this year. We're doing something a little different that I hope will help me learn it better.

     I'm pretty excited for piano, mostly because our new teacher is really good (and kinda nit-picky, but it a good way) and I think I'll learn a lot. History is always something to look forward to... We're doing Mystery of History Volume 3, which covers the Renaissance and Reformation, so that should be fun. There's also a lot of cool looking books I'm going to read.

     And last, but not least, I have several outside classes I'm super excited for. First, a writing class with my cousin. I love to write, and I really enjoyed the last writing class I took. Plus, my cousin is going to be doing it with me, so that will be fun! Also, I'm doing a theater class in the fall semester. I've always thought it would be fun to act, so I'm excited to see how it goes.

     Finally, I'll probably be doing one or two (or maybe even three?) duel enrollment classes through the Masters University - which is the college I really want to attend some day. So I'm really excited about all three of those!

     And that brings my post to an end! I hope I didn't bore you too much. Have a great week and check back again for another post next Monday!! :)

~Anna

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited that you're doing Dual-Enrollment with the Master's University. I'm excited to start doing the same. ☺

    ReplyDelete