Monday, November 27, 2017

Gobbler Games - by Anna

     Hey guys! Welcome to TAJ... Today I'm going to be talking about my Thanksgiving - basically, the Gobbler Games! I talked about last year's games on my other blog, so if you're interested, you can check that out. :)

     This year, I actually came in seventh or eighth, which is a huge accomplishment for someone whose goal is to not get last. XD So I'm a top ten finisher, which is awesome!

     Here are a few pictures, for lack of something else to say:

Puppy chow!! The best ever.

The set up. You can barely see the stage to the left, and the bleachers
are behind you.

The jumbotron. Since I don't think I got a good picture of it last year.

Gobbler Games VIII! Pretty insane. This was part of the arena "floor".
     I don't have any pictures of me from the first or last games, but you'll get pictures from games two through four (we had five games).


The goal of this game was to get clothespins from the middle of this
table to a turkey on a table a few feet away. Using your mouth.

This was a pretty simple game... Finding safety pins in rice, while
blindfolded. I did really well on this one!


Lol. I'm so intense! This was a hard one, though. I did okay,
but it was definatly one of my worse games.



     Then there's the food and my traditional olives on the hands. I do this every Thanksgiving and Christmas... Mostly for the memories. 


     Here's me with one of my cousins to round off the post. We have them and my grandparents over for a few days, which has been really fun.

     Also, I have a little announcement... I'm starting a new blog! I've announced this on my blog already, so you might already know this. :) It's called Grace Iolene and it will be about what I'm writing/various writing tips I may have.

     If you head over to my blog you can see the URL so you can check it out before I post this Friday! Stay posted for another not so big announcement later in December.

     That's it for today! Christmas is right around the corner (cue all the freaking out) and then comes 2018! Whew... I'm not ready for time to be going this quickly. :)

~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment